Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Any Hidden Secrets

"The Lord knows the thoughts of man,..." Psalm 94:11a

Any hidden secrets? Last year the engine light came on in my truck. As you might know, your vehicle has an on board computer and that computer monitors everything your vehicle does. This allows the mechanic to plug a device into our on board computer and get readings to see why the light is on and what needs to be done to fix it. But one key is this, the light needs to be on to get a true reading from the computer.

I took my truck to my mechanic to get it checked out and to my surprise he said your computer has failed and you need to have it replaced. Great!!! And how much is that going to be? He rattled off some numbers north of 4 digits and I'm sure my eyes glazed over. He said, "Hello! Do you want it replaced?" "Do I have to replace it?" I said. "Can't I just drive it with the light on?" "Sure" he said, "but I cannot inspect it for the State of NC thus you cannot renew your license tag. You might find someone who would over look the check engine light and inspect your truck, but I can't." "Well, this is dishonest,
cheating, lying, just plain wrong" I said, "Go ahead and replace it"

Fast forward to today. Over the past two months my check engine light has been coming on. Here's the thing, it will stay
on for a week or so then go off for a day, then back on. I called my mechanic and he said bring it to me when the light is on and I can see what is going on. But without the light on, it will be hard to diagnose the problem. On Monday I had to take the truck to him for new brakes, rotors and a new Master Cylinder which is failing, YEAH, more money into my 2005 truck, but my light was on and I told him so and he said "Great, we can check that too." My appointment was at 1:30 pm and so I decided to eat lunch in Knightdale on the way to his shop. I was less than two miles from his shop and after eating got into my truck and cranked it up and guess what, the light was off!!! Yes off!!!

What? It had been on for 3 weeks straight. 3 weeks and less than two miles from a place that could have found the issues, it goes off.

I was thinking about that on the way home Monday and for some reason in my brain I have to run my experiences
through some biblical matrix. So these were my thoughts!

This on board computer is like us in the world. The world looks at us and often sees us living our lives with no "check engine" light on. Every now and then issues will arise and the light comes on and a few of our family or closest friends see the light is on, knowing something is
wrong, but we really don't want everyone to know its on (our problems). That's certainly natural. Here's the problem, that intermittent light, going on and going off just masks the problem. The problem is still there, though the light has gone off and those around us can no longer see it. It's what I call hidden secrets.

Our on board computer is saying "FIX IT! FIX IT NOW!" We say, "Oh, the 'check Human engine' light is not on any longer, I'll just go on with my life as is. It will be OK. The world will overlook the problem with me and I can get away with it."

But believer, you know that light is coming on to warn you that something is wrong, you can not overlook the warning. Furthermore, whether anyone else can see it, God sees it. "The LORD knows the thoughts of man/woman."(Ps.94.11a)

Here is the great thing, God can fix the intermittent light, or the light that stays on. It makes no difference to Him. What He wants is for us to take those hidden secrets and expose them to Him and He will deal with them. You know what this is called... "surrender." While the world tells you, "It's OK, live as you want, do as you want, we will overlook your 'check HUMAN light' being on," God is saying, "Look, I know every thought, every hidden secret, I will NOT overlook it, but I will help you clean it up and fix it so that you are running on all cylinders for Me."

Any hidden secrets? Is your check HUMAN light on? No one else may see it, but God does and He is the only one that can truly fix it.

Blessings my friends,
Pastor Marty.

No comments:

Post a Comment